Home > Tankless Water Heaters > Natural Gas Whole House Tankless Water Heaters > Rinnai Natural Gas Tankless
Rinnai RU98i 9.8GPM Internal Natural Gas Condensing Tankless Water Heater
- $ 1,299.95
- Retail Price:
- Write a Review
• RU98i-NG replaces RC98i-NG
• ENERGY STAR® Qualified
• 9.8 Max GPM
• 199,000 Max BTUs
• 95% Efficient
• Webstone Isolation Valve Kit Included
The NEW rinnai ultra series
Rinnai takes tankless water heating one step further with condensing technology that delivers more efficiency than ever before. Enjoy all the same tankless benefits you’ve come to expect from Rinnai, plus even greater energy savings. With four condensing models to choose from, there’s one right for any sized home. Delight in a continuous supply of fresh, clean hot water, and experience the space savings, convenience, ease of installation and peace of mind for which Rinnai is famous.
Unrivaled Technology. Unmatched Performance.
Rinnai’s unique condensing design incorporates two innovative heat exchangers to achieve optimum heating value from every cubic foot of natural gas or propane. Residual heat from flue gases is recaptured to pre-heat incoming ground water, which then circulates to the primary copper heat exchanger. The top-down burner design increases reliability and ensures a longer service life, while also reducing lifetime operating and maintenance costs. With the burner located above the condensing heat exchanger, the burner and copper heat exchanger are protected from condensate. Delivering an Energy Factor (EF) up to .96, Rinnai’s tankless condensing units are ideal for residential and commercial applications and can be banked together for even greater capacity.
FEATURES OF THE NEW RINNAI RU98i SERIES TANKLESS WATER HEATERS:
• Built-in Circ-Logic recirculation program cycles an external pump (purchases separately) at pre-set intervals and temperatures to maximize efficiency and comfort
• Pre-set time intervals prevents short cycling of the unit
• Integrated internal thermistor ensures accurate temperature measurement and optimal performance
• Top-down burner design and new ceramic, pre-mix burner delivers higher efficiency, lower emissions, and improved durability
• Leak detection shuts off water to the interior units to limit property damage
• Temperature lock function prevents accidental or unauthorized changes to water temperature
• Enhanced scale detection notification
• Condensing Technology for Greater Efficiency and Significant Energy Savings
• 95% Thermal Efficiency
• Pre-set at 120°F
• Meets California and Texas NOx Emissions Standards
• Compatible with Full Line of Rinnai Digital Controllers
• Temperature Range with Controllers: Residential (98°F - 140°F) Commercial (98°F - 185°F )
• 12-Year Warranty on Heat Exchanger, 5 Year Parts, 1 Year Labor for Residential Installations
NOTICE: Rinnai Water Heaters must be installed by a licensed professional. Rinnai may not warranty the unit if the unit is installed incorrectly.
•This water heater is a direct vent water heater and therefore is certified and listed with the vent system.
•You must use vent components that are certified and listed with the water heater model.
•Do not combine vent components from different manufacturers.
•Rinnai's warranty does not cover any failures or operating difficulties due to improper instatllation which includes the use of improper venting materials
To write your review, please sign in first:
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 18.5" x 10.1" x 25.7"
• Weight: 71 lbs
• Minimum / Maximum Gas Rate: 15,200 – 199,000 BTU
• Hot Water Flow Capacity (GPM): 0.26 to 9.8 GPM
• Activation Rate: 0.4
• Flow Rate @ 60 Degree Temp Rise: 6.4 GPM
• Power Source: 120 VAC (60Hz)
• Temperature Range:
- Residential: 98°F - 140°F
- Commercial: 98°F - 185°F (commercial controller must be purchased separately)
• Water/Gas Connections:
- Gas Supply: 3/4 Inch MNPT
- Cold Water Inlet: 3/4 Inch MNPT
- Hot Water Outlet: 3/4 Inch MNPT
• Ultra Low NOx
Our Price: $569.95
Our Price: $919.95
Our Price: $939.95
Our Price: $1129.95